Sunday, February 15, 2009

A quick "catch-up" - winter 2009

I feel like we haven't been overly busy this winter, but we must be, since I haven't updated the blog since Christmas and Katelyn's baptism! Hard to believe February is half over, and Tim is almost finished Kindergarten! I've been going in to his classroom 3-4 times per month to help with "kid writing", which is a program designed to teach the children how to read, write and spell. I have enjoyed getting to know his classmates - they are all such great kids!

In January, both boys started an 8-week intramural basketball program. They go for 1 hour each Saturday morning through the end of this month. Both are enjoying it.






They are also quite excited to be playing T-ball this spring for their first time! Three days after signing them up, Jason got a phone call from the man in charge of the League....... now Jason is their coach! We even got to pick our team color (Green. Our first 2 choices were taken by the 2 other t-ball teams in our township - red, blue. I'll have to get on our coach next year to pick the team color earlier!)

Katelyn is continuing to grow. She turned 7 months old yesterday, and already some of her 6-9 mo clothing is getting snug.




Here she is at 6 months




Last weekend it was unseasonably warm so we all went for a walk around the neighborhood





She is getting better with her solids. She doesn't eat too much yet.


She is a V-E-R-Y happy baby so far. Her two favorite people are Timothy and Matthew. It's wonderful as parents to see this kind of love among siblings!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys will have to show us their basketball and T-ball skills next time we visit. Katelyn can show us her sitting-up, smiling and eating skills!
G-Ma and G-Pa

Anonymous said...

so cute. I have been watching for updates. They are all growing so fast...Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see the Baptism photo. When we last visited we forgot to see them. It was great that despite our family stomach flu, the Gaytans were able to share in the special day. I love seeing the updates, I haven't been on line for awhile, computer troubles.. Grammy