Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Fun

It's been some time since our last post. I've been putting it off, because I recently received a comment on our blog that was a bit troubling to me. Someone (not sure who) wrote that they enjoyed reading our blog, and that recent posts were much better written than our first posts when the blog began. Just to make sure you know, I am not a writer, nor do I profess to be a writer :) I update our blog to keep relatives and friends up-to-date on our lives, since most of you live so far away. As always, if you don't enjoy my commentary, just look at the pictures! :)

We had a great visit from Susan's parents over Christmas. It went too quickly, though! Grandpa likes to teach all sorts of things when he is here...... below is a picture of his latest, with Katelyn.

Speaking of Katelyn, she got her very first haircut over the Christmas season. Poor little thing wasn't growing hair at a very good clip, but she was managing to grow a "tail" in the back! Here are some before, during and after pictures:



On New Year's Eve, though the boys couldn't stay up as late as mid-night, they were still able to celebrate ringing in the new year, in their own way!
Don't worry! It's just Sprite Zero! Figured they deserved *something* bubbly!

As our tradition in mid January, some of us made our way to the annual Harrisburg Farm Show. Since the boys were in school, only Katelyn and I went. This was her first time seeing REAL animals, up close. Up till now, they only existed in her books. It was neat to see the look of utter amazement when she realized they are actually REAL, LIVE things that move!




And of course, the most fun part of the Farm Show is the FOOD! If you need to teach your baby how to drink from a straw, get him/her a chocolate milkshake from the Farm Show! Works like a charm every time! (I did actually manage to sneak a few sips, myself, but just barely. She had a death grip on that thing!)




























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katelyn is such a cutie!