Sunday, February 20, 2011

Winter 2011

I keep wondering why I can't find time to update our blog.... sorry to everyone who checks, only to be disappointed with "the same old pictures"! We've been busy keeping ourselves busy! The boys started Cub Scouts in the late Fall, and are thoroughly enjoying it. I did not thoroughly enjoy sewing on patches and badges, but I did feel a sense of accomplishment when finished :) Matthew is in 1st grade, so he is a Tiger Cub. Timothy, being in 2nd grade, is a Wolf Cub.



At a monthly "Pack meeting", where all the dens are together.




This is the night the boys earned their "bobcat badge". They didn't have their uniforms yet, though, so they wore regular clothing to the Pack meeting.



Each year in Cub Scouts, they hold a "Pinewood Derby" car race. A fun time was had by all, except our poor boys who had the slowest cars there! We were definitely novices, and I took detailed notes for next year's cars! Here are some photos from the Derby:

MUCH to our dismay, Matthew had his heart set on a "Steeler's" car.


We breathed sigh of relief when Tim said he wanted a PENN STATE car!! Whoo-hoo!!


Brother vs. brother! Matthew (orange cap) and Timothy (yellow cap)



Matthew with his "pit pass"


Timothy with his "pit pass"


Katelyn with someone's pit pass! Not sure how she got it, but she wore it proudly until I returned it to it's rightful owner!



In January, Jason and I had the opportunity to attend the Governor's (Tom Corbett) Inaugural Ball at the Farm Show Complex here in Harrisburg, after a yummy dinner at the West Shore Country Club. It was so much fun to get dressed up and have a night out at a fancy event!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim and Matt, your cars look great. You made a great start in scouting! Susan and Jason, you guys make handsome couple. Thanks for the new photos, and glad you included Katelyn with her pit pass.

Love,
G-pa & G-ma